Enrolment: recognition of foreign titles and diplomas
Italian students, EU citizens, non EU citizens living in Italy, non EU citizens living outside Italy and Italian citizens with foreign title, in order to enrol at the University must obtain recognition of the education qualification.
Procedures for the recognition of title and pre-enrolment
a. Procedures for the recognition of foreign degree are dealt with by the Cimea, Academic equivalences and mobility information centre, where those interested can contact independently by filling out the online form available at http://cis.cimea.it/uniud/
Enrolment in the first cycle degree courses (Bachelor's)
The assessment procedure of the final titles of foreign secondary school to access first cycle courses (degree or academic Diploma of first level) does not transform the foreign degree in an Italian title, but allows the entry in the first cycle if the foreign degree has all the following characteristics:
1. official secondary school qualification of foreign system of reference;
2. title permitting foreign reference system entry to courses of the first cycle of the same kind (i.e. academic);
3. secondary school degree certificate achieved after at least 12 years of previous education;
4. a certificate that proves the academic eligibility of the candidate (if required by the Country of origin).
For enrolment you must produce a .
What is the comparability of Secondary school title
Enrolment in second-cycle degree courses (Master's degrees)
To enrol in master's degree programs (or PhD) you must obtain the r.
The procedure does not transform the foreign degree in an Italian title, but is a requirement for access to University courses in second or third cycle after the Commission's assessment of the teaching of the course which you want to subscribe.
The comparability of the title is confirmed if the foreign degree has all the following characteristics:
1. official title of first or second cycle of foreign system of reference, made by official establishment of foreign system;
2. title permitting the foreign system of reference input a same second or third cycle courses;
3. title presenting the elements of nature and corresponding specifications as those of the Italian title required for entry (such as academic or elements of research).
The qualifications are required for all students with foreign degree, regardless of their nationality, for both qualifications issued in the European Union (EU) and non-EU.
What is the comparability of foreign University degree
Non-EU students resident abroad shall demonstrate a good knowledge of Italian.
To verify the language skills normally applicants must take an Italian exam; the failure of Italian test prevents registration in any course of study both at Universities that at Afam institutions.
As an alternative to linguistic evidence applicants can meet the language requirements through the presentation of certificates of proficiency in Italian language; the level normally required is B2 (CELI3).